Contact Superior Home Remodelers today to schedule your free consultation and discuss the possibility of your new in-law suite addition. Our home addition services include:
- Free consultation
- Feasibility study
- Design and build services
Free In-Law Addition Consultation
It all starts with a completely free consultation at your home to discuss your initial in-law suite addition ideas and explore your options. This is a great opportunity for you to gather preliminary information about what is possible for your home, discuss general pricing and assess our knowledge and expertise. Your consultation will always be with the owner of our company, John Pearson. You get John’s personal attention and knowledge gained from 25 years of experience in the home building and remodeling industry.
In-Law Addition Design and Build Services
Once the concept plan and budget are approved, we work with you to design your in-law suite exactly the way you want it. We make sure you are making educated decisions about the materials you choose and help you research and select the building products you want to use and document all of your selections. You have full access to our staff, architect, designers and product specialists to assist you with ideas, material selections, paint colors and an array of decorative details for your new in-law suite addition.
Our addition builders develop a full set of architectural, permit-ready plans, and apply for and obtain building and trade permits for your addition. John, along with our handpicked team of master craftsmen, will build your in-law suite addition in a timely fashion while staying within your budget.
Call to schedule your free consultation and start planning your new addition today.
Design Elements to Consider for In-Law Suite Additions
As you consider your in-law suite addition, ask yourself the following:
- How do you envision this new space being used?
- What rooms would you like to add to the in-law suite?
- What features are “must-haves” for this project?
- What features would your guests most benefit from?
Once you have a better idea of what you envision for your home, you can begin to consider more specific design features, such as:
- Ground level vs. second story in-law suite
- Detached from the primary residency, as more of a “guest home”
- Finished basement in-law suite, with kitchen
- Framing concerns to minimize bulkheads
- Space planning and storage areas
- Separate heating and cooling systems or controls
- Bathroom sizes and locations
- Wider doorways
- Countertops and sinks that limit bending over
- Non-slip flooring and intercom systems
- Grab bars, handles, and railings for support
- Ramped walkways or stair lifts
- Lighting plans
- Strategic placement of windows and skylights
- Dividing walls and door locations
- Separate, side-door entries, for privacy